The first few days of the year bring a tumult of feelings - excitement, empowerment, and maybe a dash of anxiety about the shorter, colder days and the ability to reach the goals we've set for the year.
So in that vein, we have a jumble of themes in this #MusicMonday that reflect this mixture of thoughts and desires. It kicks off with what we felt the morning of Jan. 1 after a week (or month) of holiday celebrations (Rude Awakening). We then made various commitments to ourselves (Promises) and buckled down on our New Year's resolutions (Go To Work).
Then a deep freeze and mounds of snow hit much of the US and left us desperate for warmth, hence the handful of Ibiza-inspired tracks. Whether digging out of snow or struggling with new year's goals, many of us learned to rely on our friends (I Will Be Here, Best Friend) to lend much-needed support. And then we finish off with a little Magic...just because. :)
Whether you are traveling this week or not, we hope this list inspires you to push past the boundaries that may be in your way and reach your goals, no matter what they may be. Check it out on Spotify.
1. Rude Awakening - JD Feighner (Warm-Up Track)
2. Promises - NERO
3. Go To Work - Nadine Coyle
4. Hey Baby - Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike Vs. Diplo & Kid Ink
5. Places (Conro Mix) - Martin Solveig
6. Ocean Drive (Shaun Frank Remix) - Duke Dumont
7. Higher & Higher (Teenage Mutants Remix) - Milk & Sugar
8. I Will Be Here (Wolfgang Gartner Remix) - Tiesto & Sneaky Sound System
9. Best Friend - Sofi Tukker feat. NERVO, The Knocks & Alisa Ueno
10. Magic - Kat Graham (Cooldown Track)